If you are thinking of replacing your roof or have a leaking roof, you should find a roofing company in Auckland to give you the best advice and service possible. As well as ensuring your home is safe from the elements and that it looks good, a great roof can increase the value of your home, thus making it a sound investment. Here are some important things to keep in mind when choosing a roofing service in Auckland.
– Consider the materials your new roof will be made out of. While some materials are more durable than others, metal roofing is popular due to its strength and long life span. Metal may also be easier to maintain and may be less expensive than other types of roofing such as shingles. Wood shakes and ceramic tiles are also options that you may consider, as well as slate, brick, slate tiles, and even ceramic tile. Certain roofing material may be more suited for certain climates and environments so be sure to ask your contractor which ones they recommend.
– Ask about warranties. A quality roofing company should provide a warranty for their work, as this proves they stand behind their work and won’t replace a damaged roof on the fly. Be sure to check the warranty policy thoroughly, including any limitations and conditions. You may need to find out if repairs are covered during the warranty period or if the roof needs to be replaced earlier than the warranty expires.
– Find out about the company’s emergency services. If you need a roof repaired or replaced quickly, you may want to find out if the roofing company has an emergency team on call so they can come to your home immediately. Some companies may choose to employ just one person who can come to your home at a moment’s notice, so this is something to discuss with your provider. Others may have several employees, so be sure to find out how many employees will be on hand at any given time.
– How much will it cost? Ask about a complete roofing estimate, which should include the price of materials as well as labor. Be sure to consider other charges that may be incurred during the installation process, such as special coatings or gravels. If you are being charged extra for items you plan to have done yourself, find out exactly what the total cost of these items will be before you sign any contracts.
– How long will it take to get the job done? How fast can they install a new roof? Are you expected to wait for at least a week to several weeks? When you are making your initial phone call to a company regarding your roofing needs, be sure to ask these questions so you don’t end up compromising your project. If the company isn’t willing to put in as much time as you require, you may want to consider choosing another provider.
– How long will it take for your roofing to be installed? Will the company remove the old roof by its own, or will they subcontract a company to do the work? Sometimes it is cheaper and more convenient to hire a contractor to do the work, but if a subcontractor isn’t included in the contract, ask if they can be added. Sometimes, a company may ask you to pay a deposit ahead of time so that they can secure a subcontractor, but this isn’t always necessary.
– What are the benefits/risks involved with installing your own roof? What do you need to do to make sure the job is done right? Will you be responsible for any mistakes that are made? You should also be prepared to deal with any damage that may occur because of bad weather, age, or neglect. Sometimes, if you’re just getting started in the DIY world, you might think you can skimp on these things. But chances are, you’ll be doing more damage to the roof than good!